4PCS Square Wood ChiselRegular price $39.99 Sale price $25.99 Save $14.00
- SPECIFICATION: Shank Size: 4mm, 5.5mm, 6.5mm, 10mm. Square Hole Size: 1/4-Inch(6.4mm), 5/16-Inch(8mm), 3/8-Inch(9.5mm), 1/2-Inch(12.7mm)
- MATERIAL: The Square Hole Drill Bits are made of high quality Bearing Steel, can drill square hole on wood, with sharp cutting edge, can provide high precision, smooth, quick and high efficiency working
- CHIP REMOVAL GROOVE: With big U-shaped groove for chip removal, facilitate the discharge of sawdust when the square hole drills working, improve drilling efficiency
- USE: This mortise chisel set is very suitable for drilling square holes in wood with a mortise and tenon machine. It is an essential tool for household, woodworking, and DIY woodworking.
- Note: The Square hole drill only fit mortising machines (mortise and tenon machine), Not for electric drill, bench drill
How to use the Square hole saw to drill a square holes on wood
Drawing Square Shape
You need to measure and determine the center of the wood sheet lays, and drawa square with a pencil and rule.
Make sure you can draw the perfect square as possible, because it is a reference line and you will cut along this line.
Installation and Calibration
Put the wood on the machine, and then adjust the place of the drill.
Ensure that the chisel is installed parallel to the fence (firmly locks into the machine), and perpendicular to the table
You can pull down feed lever of the mortiser, driving the square drill bit into the wood.
Don't pull down the feed lever when you start the cut, let the center bit drill into the wood first, and then increase downward pressure to advance the chisel into the hole
As the picture show, the center drill will bore a hole and ejects the chips, The four sharp edges of the chisel simultaneously cut the wood around the hole into a square shape.